As Michaele said previously, the dinner will be February 28th at the school. 3301 Country Club Drive, 28205. The time is yet to be determined but will likely be around 6 or 7 pm. The tentative basic menu is: Pasta with meat and meatless sauce (using local pork), Local greens salad, local bread, cookies, ice tea or lemonade.
If you can help that night with putting the meal together and/or serving, or would be willing to make a couple dozen cookies, please reply to this discussion or email caryprobst@carolina.rr.com. Check back often as we will post the time as soon as it is available and other needs that might arise! Thanks!
UPDATE: THE DINNER WILL BE AT 6:30 PM

Tags: cooking, dinner, help, school, volunteer

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

Put me down for cookies!
Michaele
I can make cookies, and will probably be available to help serve.
Hi Robin, I am a student from the Art Institute and have signed on with Marla Thurman to help out with the dinner next Thursday. I am so excited to hear about the edible school yard and sooo excited to help out. My aunt is comming into town and would love to attend the dinner, she is willing to pay an admittance fee as well. This is her first visit to Charlotte since i've moved down here and i would love her to see the type of work i do. By the way i work for Leah's Cuisine, the caterer that shares a kitchen with Down Home Baking Company. We use all orgnic products and are regulars at the Farmers Markets and Home Economist. Look forward to hearing from you!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service