Cassie Parsons of Grateful Growers asked me to post this- Hope you are all able to make it! Feel free to respond here, email me at mjfitz@comporium.net, or call Cassie. I will let you all know when place has been picked.
Michaele

Hi everyone, I have been bombarded with so much interest in the Edible school yard. Each and everyone of you have voiced an interest in getting something on the table. How about the 13Th of November around 7:00 p.m? Location TBA. At this meeting of the minds we will talk about forming a committee and talk about choosing a school. I have some great information from the folks who are already working in the edible school yard in Berkley CA, they are excited for us and are willing to help us in our journey. We are at a time of action. I am commited to support and make this intention a reality. I ask for your support and commitment as well, we will have a beautiful time and have some amazing things happen for our community. Michaele, can you post this on the slow food web site? Thank you. If anyone feels they have the perfect people in mind who need to be here for this meeting of the minds please bring them! We will provide snacks and beverage. Have a great week Cassie 828-446-8005

Tags: food, getting started, initiative, kids, meeting, school, schoolyard

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Works for me. I'll see you there!
Hello! I am brand new to Charlotte Slow Food but am very excited to see that you already have a plan to initiate the edible school yard! I would LOVE to participate in this meeting. Is there a location yet? Also, I am a dietitian (not currently working as such) - but I do have a connection with the health department who works with the CMS food service director - probably a good person to involve in this. I'd be happy to make this connection. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Cary
Thanks Cary! I am sure your contacts will be very helpful! Looking forward to meeting you the 13th at Shamrock Gardens Elem.
Michaele
Thanks Michaele and Wanda. Looking forward to meeting you on the 13th.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to meeting you, too.

According to Pam Grundy, the Shamrock parent who arranged this with the school, the meeting will take place in the Media Center. You can park at the front of the school, come in the front door, turn left down the hallway. The Media Center is on the left at the end of the hallway, before entering another hallway that veers to the right.
I spoke with Cassie yesterday at the regional market.

The Edible Schoolyard interest meeting has been set for Tuesday, November 13, at 7 PM, at Shamrock Gardens Elementary School, 3301 Country Club Drive.

Wanda Hubicki
Thanks for posting this, Wanda. Looking forward to meeting you there!
Michaele
I'm interested in getting involved in this project as well, however I cannot make it tomorrow night. I'd love to hear about the discussions and how I can contribute.
Lyn, we'll try to be sure to post something after the meeting. Take care.

Wanda
Please check out the agenda for tonight's meeting! Looking forward to it!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service