Dear friends,

I have been thinking for sometime that it would be great if we had the chance to get together more often, in order to have more opportunities to share ideas, experiences, knowledge and have fun!

I was at Earth Fare (Ballantyne area) this afternoon and talked to Genie, who is the Community Coordinator there. She was extremely nice and told me that, since we share the same philosophy, we can have their community room once a month to meet.
That is: free of charge!

I think it would work out great if we had a day and a time when anyone can simply show up and bring friends/family too. Their internal restaurant is pretty good and the ingredients they use are healthy, which would add the chance, if we want, to share a slow food meal together.

The room is not huge, but big enough to have lectures/ slide shows, so it would allow us to host speakers/classes/events on regular basis!

As you can imagine the availability is limited, so I am working with Genie to set a day that would fit everyone. What do you think of every 4th Wednesday of the month, starting with: Wednesday January 23rd at 7PM?

Looking forward to hear from you!
Paolo

Tags: classes, events, fun, ideas, knlowledge, lectures, meeting, sharing

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds like a great idea! Im all for it if we can make this happen. Please keep us informed, eh?
Love this idea! I think that day/time works as well as any other!
What a good idea! I think 4th Wednesdays would be fine :)
Good work, Paolo! My husband and I would be there.
Hi Paolo and all. Sorry for my absence I've been dealing with the loss of a grandfather and to say the least my mind has been fairly muddled. I love the idea of a monthly gathering; I know many have been pondering one and huzzah for taking a step forward. Robin & I should not have a problem being in attendance.

-a
Great idea. Thanks for taking the lead.
See you on the 23rd!
I am interested!
Hi All,
I've been involved with a lot of networking groups recently and I'd like to suggest we vary the meetings - different parts of town and different days and times. For example, I have a meeting every "last Wednesday of the month" and that's usually the fourth one, too, so that means I'd almost NEVER be able to attend a SFC meeting. I know that Home Economist on South Blvd has a meeting room for free and Charlotte Energy Solutions is available in the evenings as well. HE can hold about 40 people, and CES could hold about 20 - 25. CES is south of uptown. Also, some people have jobs where they can't get away, so some can make lunch meetings, and others can only attend in the evenings. So having different times and days and locations means that everyone will have a chance to attend some meetings.

I'd like to see how much interest there is to bring this group into a much more active role, but it has to be with the support and participation of the overall membership.

It turns out that there are five Wednesdays in January, but I've already commited to the 23rd. At least we could start a discussion about group goals by email!

Don.
Paolo,

Thanks for taking the lead on this idea. Is the Wed the 23rd on the calendar?
If so we will announce it to the convivia so more folks will be aware when and where to be.

Also we may want to visit restaurants about the town and announce a night and time to gather together
and do what we do best, eat! Perhaps an ethnic journey through Charlotte with a different stop every month.
I would think that the owners would love to educate us about the food they are serving and we could mix up the tables
get to know each other. Dim Sum, Ethiopian, Indian, Carribean, even southern, what the hey!

Thanks again for making a difference.

Thom
Thom,

Yes, thanks!

Wed Jan 23rd, 7PM at Earth Fare (Ballantyne)
is on the calendar, confirmed
and agreed with our hosts.

Having a regular meeting will for sure boost
the possibility to do many other things together,
such as the ones you are suggesting.

See you there!

Paolo
Looking forward to it!
See you there Tracy!
Paolo
Love the idea of doing an "ethnic stroll"!!
Marilyn

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service