Hi Again,
I'm doing lots of talks in January about how to make organic vegetable gardening so easy that anyone can do it. If you're interested, perhaps I can set up a talk for SFC members, or I can just post all the talks I'm doing here and invite you to attend.

Tags: gardening, organic, vegetables

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Don,

That sounds like a great idea. I do organic gardening on my deck and am planning new containers for the spring and starting to get my things together...but I always like to hear ideas.
My friends and I have started a community organic vegetable garden. We are getting ready to order sees. Is there anything we can sow outside in February/March/April before the last frost?
Hi Susan,
You plant your spring garden on February 15th. It's only the summer seeds/plants that are damaged by frost.

I'm doing a lot of events and talks in January, if you want to stop by and learn more about how to make your gardening as easy as possible!

January 16th, 8:00am to 10:00am, WBT Radio 1110AM
“Carolina Gardener” with Maureen Riley to discuss preparing for spring planting, and to answer gardening questions from listeners. Call in at 704-570-1110

21st, 7:00pm to 8:30pm, Joseph Beth Booksellers, South Park Mall, Charlotte
Book signing and class on organic gardening. Free.

23rd, 9:00am to 11:00am, WFNZ Radio 660AM
“About Your Home” with Ray Terry. Q&A and discussion of starting a vegetable garden for spring.

23rd, 1:00pm to 2:30pm, Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden,
Gardening class by Don Rosenberg, requires admission to Daniel Stowe. For more information
6500 South New Hope Road
Belmont, NC 28012-8788
(704) 825-4490

29th – 31st, Charlotte Build, Remodel and Landscape Expo
January 29-31, 2010 at the Charlotte Convention Center
Booth #310
Charlotte Convention Center, Exhibit Hall C
501 South College Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Hours: Friday 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Sunday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Adults $5.00, Children Under 18, FREE

Enjoy your garden!
Don.
Hi Susan,
You can plant all your spring seeds outside around February 15th in raised beds and, depending on the weather, a week or two later in in-ground gardens. It's the summer crops that are killed by frost.
Thanks for your thorough response. We will try to attend or dial in for your shows. What vegetables have you had the best luck with planting in February?
Hi Susan,
Spring crops are salad crops - lettuce, broccoli, radishes, spinach, carrots, peas. Also garlic, onions, shallots, etc.

This list should help...

http://www.instantorganicgarden.com/home-gardening-services/what-ca...

Don.
Will you be doing any talks in February? I am interested!
Hi Susanne,
Here's where I post my schedule. If you know of a group who wants a speaker, I'm happy to set something up!

http://www.instantorganicgarden.com/upcoming-events/upcoming-events...

Don. 704-910-6498 donrosenberg@gmail.com
Thanks Don! I love the website. I just attended a how to start a community garden seminar at USC at the sustainable futures center. Anyway, I want to start one but when I do we would love to have a speaker! Let me get organized and lets stay in touch. In the meantime I leave you with my website, I am a chef here in Charlotte. I know how to cook the food but am learning how to grow it. Thanks so much!
Sincererly,
Susanne
http://www.thetinychef.biz
One idea that has come up is a presentation about cooking healthy food. I grow it and you cook it!
GREAT idea! Let's talk more about it!
Call any time. 704-910-6498

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service