How about having a virtual cookie exchange? Post your favorite holiday cookie recipe and tell us a little about what makes it special in your family!

I'll go first

Chocolate Mint Brownies

3 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 stick butter
2 eggs
pinch salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 C sugar
1/2 C flour

Melt chocolate and butter over low heat on stove. Beat eggs. Add beaten eggs to chocolate mixture. Stir in salt, vanilla and sugar. Add flour and stir just until incorporated. Pour into greased and floured 9" square pan and bake at 350 for 28 min.

Cool completely and then frost with:

1/4 C soft butter
2 C powdered sugar
2 Tbs whipping cream
1 tsp mint extract.

beat all ingredients together, then divide and color with red and green food coloring. (I usually make 2 batches and do one with green and white and the other with red and white)

Drizzle with glaze of 1 oz bittersweet chocolate melted with 1 Tbs butter.

My mother always made these for her cookie exchanges, and they were my favorite (I think I liked them frozen best of all). She made them one year, but wouldn't let me eat any until "after the exchange". Because the party was going on so late, I was sent to bed and told I could get my brownie in the morning. I woke up the next day and heading straight to the kitchen, where I found only crumbs. I woke my mother to ask where the brownies were, and she told me they were still on the counter. When I told her they were not she woke up very quickly saying "Oh my God, the Dog!!" That dog had quite a feast during the night and ate every single cookie from the exchange. She showed no ill effects at all, and had no guilt. The lesson I learned was don't wait to eat your cookies.

Tags: baking, christmas, cookies, family, memories, recipes

Views: 1

Reply to This

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service