I was surprised to hear that there are only 42 reservations for the vegetarian 6-course feast tonight at Ratcliffe on the Green! We are two of them, and I would suspect that it is not too late to join us this evening for seatings from 6:45 to 7:15. I got a preview of the menu (though Mark Hibb wouldn't reveal the details of the fourth course) last evening. I can't wait!

We had a wonderful dinner at Ratcliffe two weeks ago, and I was truly spoiled by the experience. Hope you'll come if you aren't planning to already!

Lynn

Tags: dinner, ratcliffe on the green, vegetarian

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Lynn,

Hope you enjoy tonights menu, 42 out of what was the cap 65? Not a bad turn out! If you see someone with a camera send them this way.

We'll be there in spirit even if we couldn't make it corporeally ;-)

Bon-apatite!

-a
How was the dinner? I see we had a few more visit the restaurant recently.

-a
The Ratcliffe dinner far surpassed my already high expectations. My husband David was a bit less confident going in about a six-course vegetarian meal, but by the second course he was raving along with the rest of us. We had the opportunity to share a table with several other folks... Gary and Karin Kemp, and Janet Harlan. The company was first class, and Gary introduced us to a wine that we'll add to our collection - the 2005 Cambria Pinot Noir.

The menu included some amazing dishes... highlights were the New Town Farm Heirloom Gazpacho, the Whislepig Acres Shitake Mushroom and Arugula pesto tossed with Orzo, the New Town Farm fingerling potato and Black Truffle Nachos with Yellow Branch Farmstead Cheese (VERY yummy and a secret that Mark wouldn't reveal until our arrival at the restaurant), and the Linwood Gardens Blackberry Shortcake topped with fresh Farmland Dairy whipped cream. We also really enjoyed the first course simple presentation of black mission figs stuffed with Clemson Blue Cheese.

The figs were picked early on Wednesday and delivered to the doorstep of the Ratcliffe by The Tailgate market manager. Me. :-) We are ever grateful for the plug on the menu, and Mark's support.

If you haven't seen it already, check out the August issue of Charlotte magazine. Mark is quite photogenic!

-Lynn

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service