Hey Everyone! The Great Grapes event at SouthPark is this Saturday, 11-7 It's a great wine festival that usually attracts a large crowd--6,000 last year. Check it out at: http://www.uncorkthefun.com/charlotte-north-carolina/site-info

Through the generosity of Earthfare, we have a large number of tickets available to sell. Slow Food Charlotte gets to pocket the cash to use for our delegates to Italy. We're selling the tickets for less than admission will be at the event. We have an entrance ticket for $15 ($20 at the gate), which gets you into the event, a souvenir glass, and tokens for wine tasting at each tent. For another $10, we have VIP bracelets which get you behind the scenes where you can sample some food. Andy has been selling the tickets at the tailgate market. You can contact him, Denise Kuntz, or Steve Case about buying them (I passed all of mine on....)

But it gets better! We also have a large tent where we are going to serve up some pork from Grateful Growers. Earthfare is buying the food, and the proceeds will all go to benefit Slow Foods! We could use about ten more volunteers. If you want in, contact me and I'll try to put a rough schedule together. Please contact me, also, if you previously told me you want to volunteer--I may have forgotten.

Thanks! Rich

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rich,

Per Saturday, like you can remember, I'd love to be there by your side fighting the Slow fight,
wine at the ready, wink, wink, nod, nod and all that.
Later is better as Nora has a soccer game.

Yo.

Thom
Thom is in the house! I'll put you down for, say, four to seven? Unless that's too late and you prefer a middle shift. Who else!?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service