My best friend recently built a Ning community for wheel chair users
. As I watched him work and go through an early design I realized I had some improvements to do in our community.
* Logo placement and embellished
* Announcements Forum created for Leaders/Admins to ..Announce
* Announcements percolate to the top of the main page for easy consumption.
* Active Members pictures migrated to center column.
* Blogs make a return. If you post to your personal space it will now show up on the main page. Think of blogging as a self-written article while a forum post a conversation.
* Added Note box for information regarding Slow Food USA membership.
* Added 'Shop' link to top Navigation, it won't redirect yet, but soon.
I'll post an entry soon with screenshots/how-to on uploading/linking to Video and Photo content. As well as how to build your own sub-group (it all starts under the 'Groups tab', hint!)
Hope everyone is well!