I am a new member and new to Charlotte. I have not yet been able to find a good cheese shop here. I am looking for artisinal-style cheeses not the run of the mill grocery store varieties. I have a second home in toronto and there are many find cheese vendors there but importing cheese and dairy products in general is forbidden. I am hoping to find good mascarpone, mozzerella, goat, etc. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me. I love this site!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know of a "cheese shop" but I think Earthfare carries a great selection of cheeses. They are not your run of the mill grocery store varieties. They carry locally made cheeses in addition to international cheeses. Their selection of raw cheeses is the best I've been able to find so far. Hope this helps!
Thank you! I will look up their site and head over. It is so exciting to find new shops in my new town!!!
For local cheeses, go to the farmers market, there is a list of them on this site. Dean & Deluca at Phillips place has a great cheese selection. (Welcome to Charlotte)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service