General Chatter (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The past, present and future of food

http://webcast.berkeley.edu/event_details.php?webcastid=19147 This is webcast originating from UCBerkely in Feb. 07 with Michael Pollan aut…

Started by David L. Jennings

1 Nov 4, 2007
Reply by David L. Jennings

Eating slowly

Have you ever noticed how long it takes to eat? For most of us, not long at all. My mother gets picked on for eating slowly, when really it…

Started by Robin

2 Oct 18, 2007
Reply by David L. Jennings

A Tale from CAFO Country

Where are these in our state and how much sway do they have. If this article isn't a wakeup call I don't know what would be. On Being a Se…

Started by Andy Ciordia

0 Oct 18, 2007

Organic Apples...'tis the season...where to find them?

Hi All! I haven't had a chance to head to the farmer's markets the past few weeks, but am craving some yummy fall apple recipes. Does anyo…

Started by Laura Neff

1 Oct 16, 2007
Reply by Michaele Fitzpatrick

Alice's Lecture; Were you there? What did you think?

If you were in attendance let us know what you thought of her engagement. What kind of continuing dialog should we set forth? I found her…

Started by Andy Ciordia

7 Oct 9, 2007
Reply by Lynn S. Caldwell

Continued Improvements

My best friend recently built a Ning community for wheel chair users. As I watched him work and go through an early design I realized I had…

Started by Andy Ciordia

1 Oct 8, 2007
Reply by Lynn S. Caldwell

Finding a composter

I'm interested in buying a composter for my yard. I prefer one that is self contained rather than the open bins. Does anyone have a suggest…

Started by Ann Ross

2 Oct 1, 2007
Reply by Ann Ross

Upcoming Interview with Ciao Italia's Mary Ann Esposito

I've been invited to interview a long standing chef Mary Ann Esposito. It's short notice but if any of you have a question or thought you'd…

Started by Andy Ciordia

0 Sep 26, 2007

The Manic Organic- Featured Cooking Class at Secret Ingredients

Let me first start by introducing myself, I am Chef Sandy and I live here in NW Mecklenburg County, and teach Cooking Classes Locally. Most…

Started by Chef Sandy Tadlock

0 Sep 5, 2007

New SFC Logo

Any regular can notice we've had a rebranding of our Slow Food Charlotte identity. Thom caringly sent me a municipal cease-and-desist lette…

Started by Andy Ciordia

0 Aug 21, 2007

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service