General Chatter (130)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Open Brew by Counter Culture Coffee

Come one come all coffee geek, barista, coffee novice to Open Brew hosted by Counter Culture Coffee at the Charlotte Training Center Discus…

Started by Brent hall

1 Jan 31, 2008
Reply by Banks Thomas

Monthly meeting for Slow Food Charlotte

Dear friends, I have been thinking for sometime that it would be great if we had the chance to get together more often, in order to have m…

Started by Paolo

15 Jan 23, 2008
Reply by Michaele Fitzpatrick

Bragging about Nora's tomatoes

Last night we had BLT's with the last tomatoes from my daughter's garden of 2007 and as it turns out the first local tomatoes consumed in 2…

Started by Thom Duncan

0 Jan 17, 2008

Deconstructing Dinner Podcast

One of my favorite podcasts is Deconstructing Dinner: http://cjly.net/deconstructingdinner/ This seems to be a hub of local foods and sus…

Started by Darryl Parker

0 Jan 13, 2008

Local Grains from Anson Mills

Folks, In the challenge to eat locally one major setback is the availability of local grains. Well, the folks at Anson Mills have solved t…

Started by Darryl Parker

0 Jan 13, 2008

Natural Living Circle

Hi All, I have a business referral group on Meetup for people in healthy living/eco-friendly businesses. We meet about every three weeks to…

Started by Don Rosenberg

0 Dec 20, 2007

How can low income people benefit from the Slow Food Movement? A Meeting With Alice Waters

Nationwide, what are food pantries and home delivered meals programs doing to ensure that the organic/local food movement does not leave ou…

Started by Marilyn Marks

0 Dec 20, 2007

Virtual Cookie Exchange

How about having a virtual cookie exchange? Post your favorite holiday cookie recipe and tell us a little about what makes it special in yo…

Started by Michaele Fitzpatrick

0 Dec 17, 2007

Watermelon Wine

Okay, ya'll. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a place I can get watermelon wine? Maybe an individual or a farmer or a st…

Started by Amy Hayes

2 Dec 7, 2007
Reply by Amy Hayes

What's Going on in the Edible Schoolyard

Just wanted to encourage everyone to check out the Edible Schoolyard group and read about what was discussed at the November meeting. We ha…

Started by Michaele Fitzpatrick

0 Nov 14, 2007

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service