Master Gardeners (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mulukhiyah, a.k.a. Egyptian Spinach

I was thinking of including this in this year's garden. I understand some local folks do grow it but it is tricky because of our cooler, we…

Started by James Moore

1 May 5, 2012
Reply by Douglas Jones

Compost in cold weather

Hello All,  I was wondering what some of you do with your compost when the weather gets cold? I keep mine outside. Is it okay if compost fr…

Started by Slow Food UW

0 Nov 30, 2011

Matthews Elementary needs volunteers!!

Hi, SF members-  I have a lead from a teacher at Matthews Elementary that is looking for volunteers to help them with some vegetable garden…

Started by Tori Groat

1 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Tori Groat

Organic Vegetable Gardening Talks

Hi Again, I'm doing lots of talks in January about how to make organic vegetable gardening so easy that anyone can do it. If you're interes…

Started by Don Rosenberg

20 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Don Rosenberg

Looking for student-run gardens

Hi, I'm posting from Fuel Pizza where we had a great experience last summer when a group of kids from the garden at Shamrock Elementary Sch…

Started by Paula Seefeldt

2 Mar 18, 2010
Reply by Paula Seefeldt

Growing Pluots in the area

Does anyone have any experience growing Pluots in the Charlotte area?  If so, how well did it grow, fruit, etc?  Which varieties did you ha…

Started by Stemy Mynhier

0 Feb 19, 2010

Greywater in Charlotte?

Hello, I've been hearing a lot lately on the use of greywater (from the shower, sink, washing machine) to water a garden. Does anyone have…

Started by Ryan

3 Sep 25, 2009
Reply by Jason Loseke

Eastern Redbud

Granted this isn't about plants to eat (although I plan to post about those in the near future ;) I am in need of some green thumb advice.…

Started by Callie

1 Mar 19, 2009
Reply by The Appalachian Shed

Earn plants for your favorite school or community garden + save 10% on your 2009 garden plants

From now until January 31st, Windcrest Farm will donate 10% of Plant Credit purchases towards plants for a school or community garden of yo…

Started by Mary Roberts

0 Dec 30, 2008

Seed exchange?

Does anyone know of a group which does vegetable seed exchanges, in the Carolinas? I'm interested in heirloom and open-pollinated seeds. I…

Started by Pat

8 Jul 3, 2008
Reply by Robin

RSS

© 2014   Created by Andy Ciordia.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service