Time: June 21, 2010 at 8:30am to August 13, 2010 at 4:30pm
Location: Know Your Farms
City/Town: Davidson, NC
Website or Map: http://www.knowyourfarms.com/…
Event Type: summer, camp, cooking, gardening
Organized By: shister
Latest Activity: Jul 12, 2010
PARTICIPANTS: Children aged 6-8 or 8-12 interested in food, gardening, and the Davidson community.
Jul 26-Jul 30, 8:30-12:30, 6-8 year olds
Aug 9-Aug 14, 8:30-4:30, 8-12 year olds
• Engage the community through fun service learning projects
• Plant, tend, and harvest a variety of vegetables and fruits
• Explore seasonal produce options through “Iron Chef” competitions
• Create art and crafts using recycled items and found treasures
• Behind-the-scenes exploration of local restaurants and food stores in town
• Participate in scavenger hunts, games, and geo-caching
RATES & REGISTRATION: Space is limited to ensure a quality experience for all campers. Rates are based on individual circumstance; suggested rate is $325 per child per week. If you can pay a little more so that those who cannot can still participate, that’s great. If you can’t pay as much, pay what you can. We’re also open to bartering for materials and services used by the camp.
To register, please fill out the registration form in print or online and mail along with your check to:
Know Your Farms
PO Box 1361
Davidson NC 28036.
Contact email@example.com for more information.