On March 2nd and 3rd, CEFS will bring forth all that it has learned at the
2009 Farm to Fork SUMMIT.
We invite you to join us to be a game changer.
NC State University McKimmon Center,
$35 registration fee, including
a local lunch and evening reception on Monday: see draft agenda
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
(click on CEFS web site below)
Participants in the day and a half summit will
explore the outcomes of the six regional meetings and Working Issues Teams, provide input about “game changer” and “local tool box” ideas, and help produce a Statewide Action Plan for Building a Local Food Economy.
Areas of focus include:summit-flower32
* Expanding institutional, retail and food service markets for small and medium-sized farms.
* Farm-to-School programming
* Public health and food access disparities
* Direct markets
* New and transitioning farmers support
* Community gardens and farms
* Land Use & Local Government Initiatives
* Youth & Social Networking
* Consumer Outreach & Marketing
* Processing & Other Physical Infrastructure
* Formalizing the Initiative: Foundations & Baselines
Summit participants will also meet with other attendees to develop regional leadership around implementing ideas and action plans for ongoing communication, networking, and initiatives.