$20 per person includes access to entire program, catered lunch and workshop materials. Registration is available online, pay by credit card, by clicking here. Processing fees apply (less than $5).
Payment by check can be made- email email@example.com for details. Use subject line “RLC workshop pay by check” NC Cooperative Extension personnel should register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org directly by email.
NC Choices and WNC Agriventures present a one-day workshop for aspiring and practicing local and meat producers.
Join us Wednesday July 23rd at the WNC Regional Livestock Center in Canton, NC for a day of workshops, panel discussions, demonstrations and networking for local and niche meat producers, processors and food-service buyers.
- Opportunities and Challenges of Local and Niche Meats with NC Choices
- Beef and Pork Butchery Demonstration- Primal, Subprimal and Retail Cut Identification
- Regulatory Compliance for Meat Handlers with NCDA&CS Meat and Poultry Inspection Division
- Marketing: An Overview of Options for Meat Producers
- Pricing Models from Retail Cuts to Quarters, Halves and Whole Animals
- Intro to Pasture-based Production Systems for Beef, Pork and Poultry
- Meat Quality Issues for small Beef and Pork Producers-Genetics, Forages, Feeds and Handling
- Assessing Risk in Farm and Food Businesses
- and more!
Wednesday, July 23rd, 10am-5pm
WNC Regional Livestock Center
474 Stock Drive, Cantons, NC 28712
Exit 33, off I-40
For questions please contact email@example.com
with support by:
- Advantage West
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems
- Community Foundation of WNC
- Golden LEAF Foundation
- Land of Sky Regional Council
- Southwestern Commission Council of Government
- USDA Rural Development
- WNC Communities